UIIC or United Insurance Company Limited was is the 2nd largest General Insurance company in India. The company is now a preferred Insurer in India with global recognition. The full form of UIIC AO is United India Insurance Company Administrative Officer. The UIIC recruits Administrative Officers (AO’s) from time to time. In this article, we shall see all important information related to UIIC AO Recruitment 2021 exam such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
UIIC AO Recruitment Highlights
|Organization Name||United India Insurance Company Limited (UIIC)|
|Name Of The Posts||Administrative Officer Scale 1 Posts|
|Type of Job||Central Govt Jobs|
|Location of the Job||All Over India|
UIIC AO Exam Date 2021
The UIIC Recruitment provides important dates every year to provide an overview of exam events that are being conducted by the United India Insurance Company. Candidates will be able to get the calendar of all UIIC 2021 events here once the notification is out on the UIIC portal.
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|UIIC 2021 Notification Release Date||To be announced soon|
|Apply Online begins from||To be announced soon|
|Last date to apply||To be announced soon|
|UIIC 2021 Exam Date||To be announced soon|
|UIIC 2021 Result||To be announced soon|
How to Apply for UIIC AO Application Form Online?
Before registering on the official website follow these steps to apply UIIC application form Online:
- Visit the official website https://uiic.co.in/.
- Click on the option “Apply Online” for the next step.
- Go to the Tab “Click here for New Registration” for starting the registration process.
- Enter your name, valid Email-ID and contact details.
- Once the details entered successfully, you will get the Registration Number and Password
- Now save Registration Number and Password for future reference.
- Fill in the rest of the details and click “Save and Next“.
- Upload your photo & signature.
- Now preview your application details and click on “Final Submit“.
- Click on the Payment option and proceed to pay.
- Click on the “Submit” button to send your application details.
UIIC AO Application Fee
The Application Fee for UIIC AO Recruitment varies by category of applicants. Check the below table for the category-wise Application Fee details
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs. 100/-
- All Others – Rs. 500/-
UIIC AO Eligibility Criteria
Last year UIIC released eligibility criteria notification for the Assistant Officer job. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the job below.
- The Minimum Age is 18 years.
- The Maximum Age is 28 years.
- For SC/ST Candidates – 10 years
- For OBC Candidates – 3 years
- For PWD Candidates – 10 years
- Candidates should have a graduate degree from govt recognized university.
- Proficiency in the region’s language for which candidates have applied.
UIIC AO Exam Pattern
The UIIC AO selection procedure consists of 3 phases. 1) Preliminary Examination, 2) Main Examination & 3) Descriptive test, and 4) Interview. Let us see each of them in detail.
UIIC AO Preliminary Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Type of Exam||Subject Names||No of Marks||Duration of the Exam|
|1.||Objective Type||English Language||30||
UIIC AO Main Exam Pattern (For Generalist)
|S. No.||Subject Name||Questions||Marks||Duration|
UIIC AO Mains Exam Pattern (For Specialist)
|S. No.||Subject Name||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||40||40||2 Hrs|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude & Computer Literacy||40||40|
|5.||Professional Knowledge in relevant discipline||40||40|
- The questions in the Preliminary and Main examinations will be of objective type with Multiple Choices.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer marked by the candidate.
- In the Objective tests, all sections will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except the section on “English Language”.
UIIC AO Descriptive Test for both Generalists and Specialists
|1||Essay writing and Letter writing||02||30 (20 for
essay, 10 for letter)
The descriptive test is only qualifying in nature. However, it is mandatory for candidates to qualify in the descriptive test to be called for the final Interview.
UIIC AO Interview:
The Personal Interview is the last stage of the UIIC AO Recruitment process. Up to three times the number of vacancies will be called for the Final Interview. The final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online objective test and Interview. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro second class rail fare/bus fare by the shortest route from the station of residence to the place of interview on production of evidence of having undertaken journey for interview purpose.
UIIC AO Probation Period & Bond Period
If selected for the post of Administrative Officer (Scale-I), you will under a probation period for one year which may be extended twice by a further period of six months at a time stretching up to a maximum of one year. The probation period is the initial period of your employment, a “trial period”, during which the company carefully considers whether you are able to meet the standards and expectations of the job and if you should be retained by UIIC as a “regular” employee.
During the probation period, AO`s are required to pass the non-life “Licentiate Examination” conducted by the Insurance Institute of India. Only those who pass this exam will be eligible for confirmed employee status. If you fail to pass this exam within the probationary period, the UIIC has the right to terminate you!
At the time of joining, candidates would need to submit an undertaking to serve UIIC for a minimum of 4 years (includes 1 yr probation). If a person chooses to quit/resign from the company within 4 years, they should repay the entire salary amount received so far + Rs.25,000 towards the cost of training.
UIIC AO Syllabus 2021
- Permutation & Combination.
- Age Problem.
- LCM and HCF.
- Boats and Streams.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Speed.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Problems on Trains.
- Issues and Important Dates.
- Current Political Scheme.
- New Technologies.
- Current News of India & World.
- Economic Status of India.
- New Scientific Innovations.
- Missing Pattern.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Odd Man Out.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Statements and Conclusion.
- Pattern Matching.
- Comprehension Passages.
- Choose Appropriate Word.
- Phrasal Verbs.
- MS Office.
- Use of Internet and E-Mail.
- Basic USB functions and Devices.
UIIC AO Salary
UIIC AO’s are paid a handsome salary and get all the benefits of a Central government job. The Basic pay of a UIIC AO is Rs 32795/- in the payscale of 32795-1610(14) – 55335 – 1745(4) – 62315 and other admissible allowances as applicable. With other benefits and allowances, the total gross pay of a UIIC AO will be Rs 48,000/- (approx) in Metropolitan cities.
Apart from salary, UIIC AO is also eligible for other allowances and perks such as Contributory Pension, Special Allowance for passing Actuarial Examination, Gratuity, LTC, Cash Medical Benefit, Group Mediclaim, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Insurance , Vehicle Loan (2- wheeler/4 wheeler) as per rules.
UIIC AO Job Profile:
The Work of a UIIC AO is centered around executing administrative tasks such as:
- Devising new schemes.
- Inspecting various policies.
- Interacting with Clients.
- Filing and Management of Claims.
- Inter-Department Communications w.r.t to schemes and policies.
- Executing various intangible tasks as directed by the Manager. (AO or BM).
If you are posted as AO Specialist, you would be posted in a specific department within the organization viz. Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Claims, etc as specified above.
UIIC AO Service Conditions
The service conditions in UIIC are applicable to all Government Owned companies. The Posts are permanent in nature and you might be transferred to anywhere in India, as required by the company.
The list of selected candidates under UIIC AO Recruitment will be available in 25-30 days after the written exam. Candidates who will appear for the UIIC AO exam can check their result in the official website of the UIIC.