SSC Stenographer exam is organized by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in central government organizations. The minimum qualification of applying for the SSC Stenographer exam is the 12th Class. In this article, we shall see all details about the SSC Stenographer exam such as Exam Date, Notification, Eligibility criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Salary, Cut off, and result, etc.
SSC Stenographer Dates of 2021
SSC Stenographer Exam Date (computer-based test) for the 2020-21 session has been fixed from 11 November 2021 to 15 November 2021. Based on the past years’ trend, the tentative dates of the SSC Stenographer has been highlighted in the following table:
|Online application form Starts||3rd week of October 2021|
|Application Last Date||3rd week of November 2021|
|Last date for making an online fee payment||3rd week of November 2021|
|Last date for generating an online challan||3rd week of November 2021|
|Last date for fee payment through challan||4th week of November 2021|
|Admit Card will be issued on||15 days prior|
|Examination date||11 November – 15 November 2021|
|Result declaration||to be updated|
|Skill Test||to be updated|
|Final result||to be updated|
SSC Stenographer 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Stenographer|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level Test|
|Posts Offered||Grade C & D Stenographers|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 board from a recognized university|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Written Exam and Skill Test|
|Duration||Written Test: 2 hours
Skill Test: 10 minutes
SSC Stenographer Eligibility 2021
Candidates will have to fulfill certain criteria in order to be eligible to sit for the Stenographer exam.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized board or university as of January 1, 2021.
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who sought asylum in India before January 1, 1962.
- A person with Indian origins who have transferred from one of the following countries: Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, etc.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4), and (5) have to produce a certificate of eligibility at the time of offer of appointment.
Age Limit (as on January 1, 2021)
- The age of the candidate must be between 18 to 30 years for Grade-C and between 18 to 27 years for Grade-D.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ Ex-Servicemen, Central Government Employees, and J&K domiciled category can avail of age relaxation as per the Government of India norms.
Candidates belonging to the SC/ EWS/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-servicemen/ Physically Disabled categories can claim reservations during SSC Stenographer Selection Process.
- Persons with One Arm (OA)/One Leg (OL)/Both Legs (BL)/Blind (B) or Low Vision (LV) disabilities can apply for Grade C as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- While for Grade D post can be filled by candidates suffering from One Arm (OA)/One Leg (OL)/One Arm and Leg (OAL)/Both Legs (BL)/Blind (B) or Low Vision (LV) disabilities.
- Individuals who have adequate Hearing Impairment (HI) are not eligible for the position of SSC Stenographer.
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2021
SSC releases online applications for the SSC Stenographer exam 2021. Candidates can fill the application form by following the below-given steps:
- Step 1: Complete the SSC Stenographer Registration process.
- Step 2: Upload Photo and Signature
- Step 3: Fill the SSC Stenographer Application Form
- Step 4: SSC Stenographer Fee Payment
- Choose the payment gateway among Net banking/ Debit/ Credit Card or BHIM UPI
- Enter the details and pay the fees.
- Download e-challan from the official website before October 20, 2019.
- Pay cash in the nearest SBI Bank branch along with this challan.
SSC Stenographer 2021 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website of SSC. Below are the steps to download SSC Stenographer Admit card 2021:
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Follow the link ‘download SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2021’
- Enter the details asked such as roll number, date of birth, candidate’s name, etc.
- Post verification of the entered details, click on Submit
- Download the Admit Card if the information mentioned on it is correct.
- Print admit card for further necessary application.
SSC Stenographer Admit card is available on the website 2 weeks prior to the date of the exam. There admit card for written examination and skill tests are different. The discrepancies related to the Admit card are entertained at the Regional centers for different states.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2021
- SSC Stenographer 2021 will be a computer-based exam having multiple-choice questions.
- The question papers will be set in both English and Hindi (except for the English language section).
- Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern is as below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General English and Intelligence||50||50||Cumulative time duration of 2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 Minutes|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2021
|English Language & Comprehension||General Intelligence||General Awareness|
SSC Stenographer 2021 Salary
- Grade C salary generally ranges between INR 9300 – INR 34800.
- Grade D salary generally ranges between INR 5200- INR 20200.
|Specifications||Grade C (In Rs)||Grade D (In Rs)|
|Pay Band||4,200 or 4,600 (Pay Grade 2)||2,400 (Pay grade 1)|
SSC Stenographer 2021 Cutoff
The expected 2021 Cutoff can be estimated based on the past year’s cutoff trends. The previous year’s cut-off for SSC Stenographer is listed below for both Grade C and Grade D.
List I: Candidates qualified for Skill Test (Stenographer Grade ‘C’)
List II: Candidates qualified for Skill Test (Stenographer Grade ‘D’)
SSC Stenographer Answer Key 2021
SSC Stenographer Answer Key will be published on the official website of SSC.
- The correct answers to every question will be mentioned in it.
- Candidates can check and mark the number of correct and incorrect answers, to sum up, and predict the scores obtained by them.
- The official Key will be published on the official website after approximately 4 weeks after the exam
Below are the steps followed to download the SSC Stenographer Answer Key are given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Click on the link to ‘Download Answer Key 2021 for Grade C and Grade D’
- Answer Key for Grade C and Grade D is displayed in PDF format on the screen
- Download the Answer Key of your set and check the answers.
SSC Stenographer Result 2021
How to Check Stenographer Result?
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Follow the link for “SSC Stenographer Result 2021 for Grade C and Grade D”
- Search for your Roll Number in the given list of roll numbers in pdf format.
- Download the SSC Stenographer Result for further correspondence.
Note: In case, if a candidate cannot find his name in the SSC Stenographer Result, then it can be checked in the non-evaluated answer sheet list.
- Candidates who pass the written test are eligible to sit for the skill test
- Post skill test, the Commission releases a Final Merit List or Allotment List on the official website.
- Candidates included in the merit list are recommended for an appointment by the commission.
- They are allocated to User Departments depending upon the merit position and options exercised by them.