Staff Selection Commission General Duty (SSC GD) is also known as the SSC GD Constable exam, which is a national-level examination. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the exam to complete the recruitment both for the Constable and Rifleman designations. It has released the detailed notification and the SSC GD Constable 2021 application forms are closed on the official website now. Candidates preparing for the SSC exams must check the new exam dates for various SSC Exams 2021 before applying. Know all details about SSC GD Constable Recruitment such as Notification, Application Process, Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Salary, Result, etc
What SSC GD Full form?
The full form of SSC GD is Staff Selection Commission General Duty. SSC GD is the department that is responsible for recruiting candidates for Constable and Riflemen posts.
SSC GD Notification 2021
SSC GD 2021 Notification was released on July 17, 2021. The Commission has announced the vacancy of 25271 posts according to it.
SSC GD Highlights 2021
The SSC GD exam offers entry-level job designation as Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty). If one wants to serve the nation through security forces, this is a good option to begin your career. The table below illustrates different factors about the exam that you should know :
|Name of Exam||SSC GD|
|SSC GD Full Form||Staff Selection Committee General Duty|
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Committee|
|Post||Constable and Rifleman (General Duty)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||General: INR 100/-
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Job Location||Across nation|
SSC GD Important Dates 2021
SSC GD notification 2021 for Constable has released on July 17, 2021. To know more about the SSC GD 2021 important events, go through the following content:
|Release of SSC GD 2021 Notification||July 17, 2021|
|Beginning of Application process||July 17, 2021|
|End of Application Process||August 31, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Fee Online||September 02, 2021|
|Last Date to Generate Offline Challan||September 04, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Fee Offline||September 07, 2021|
|Computer-Based Exam||To be Announced|
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria 2021
For the post of general duty constable, the basic eligibility criteria include educational qualification and age limit. The detailed SSC GD eligibility criteria have been mentioned below :
- Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India
- Age Limit: Candidate must be of the age between 18 and 23
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have cleared Class 10th from a recognized board. Candidates appearing for the Class 10th exam are not eligible
SSC GD Application Process 2021
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC GD Constable 2021 notification on July 17, 2021. From the same date, the aspirants can start to apply for the exam online. The SSC GD application process 2021 will be continued till August 31, 2021. To apply for the exam, the aspirants have to visit the official website of SSC. The application fees are INR 100/- for the general category while female and SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from any application fee.
SSC GD 2021: How to apply?
- The SSC GD application form 2021 is released on the official website;
- Those candidates willing to apply can apply online;
- Visit the official website of the authority conducting the examination;
- Go through the instructions prior to filling in the application form;
- Fill in the required details;
- Those candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir, the North Eastern States and the LWE can avail the application form both via online and offline modes;
- Candidates can submit the application fee via credit card/debit card/ Net banking/ SBI Challan etc.
SSC GD 2021 Admit Card
The Staff selection commission will issue the SSC GD admit card 2021 before two to three weeks of the scheduled exam date. To download the admit card, the candidates have to visit the official regional website of SSC. To download the admit card, the candidates need to enter the required login credentials. The admit card for PET/PST and DME/RME will be issued and uploaded separately by CRPF.
It is advisable to download the admit card within a few days after it is released which will save you from the last-minute hustle. Candidates won’t be allowed inside the exam center without a hard copy of their admit card.
SSC GD 2021 Selection Process
There are various stages in the SSC GD selection process 2021 and the details of the same are given below.
- The selection criteria of SSC GD consists of the following steps:
- Computer-based Examination (CBE),
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET),
- Physical Standard Test (PST), and
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- The computer-based examination is carried out in an online mode
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers in CBE
- Candidates who clear CBE are eligible to appear for PET and PST
- Selected Candidates have to go through a detailed medical examination that is carried out by a Senior Medical official.
SSC GD 2021 Exam Pattern
Following are the details of the SSC GD Exam Pattern in brief. However, the candidates must also check the detailed exam pattern of the SSC GD Constable.
- The question papers for online exams are in Hindi and English.
- The question papers for offline exams are in Hindi, English, and the regional language based on the location of the exam center.
- The papers are MCQ-based and consist of 100 questions.
- The total time duration of the SSC GD exam is 90 minutes.
- The paper has four sections– General Awareness, English/Hindi, Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Each of the four sections contains 25 questions with a maximum mark of 25.
- The candidates of the General category have to score a minimum of 35% to qualify for the next round.
- The candidates of SC/ST/OBC have to score a minimum of 33% to qualify for the next round.
SSC GD Syllabus
The SSC GD Constable Syllabus is discussed below in brief. The table consists of the topics asked from each section.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Analogies, Observation. Similarities and Differences, Spatial Visualization & Orientation, Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Arithmetic Reasoning, Non-Verbal Series, Coding and Decoding, etc.|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||History, Culture, Current Events of National, International, and Local interest, Geography, Economy, Politics, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Mathematics (Elementary)||Fractions, Mensuration, Time & Distance, Ratio, Time, Profit and Loss, Discount, Percentages, Arithmetic Operations, Decimals, etc.|
|Hindi/English||Basic Comprehension, Vocabulary, Passage, Essay, Grammar, Synonyms, etc.|
SSC GD Salary
The basic salary of an SSC GD constable is INR 21,700 – 69,100. The salary depends upon the post the candidate is selected for. The allowances given with a basic salary of INR 21,700 is as follows :
|Basic Salary||INR 21,700|
|House Rent Allowance||2538|
|Total Earnings||INR 25,896|
Other than this, the other SSC GD Constable allowances and benefits are: Transportation Allowance
- Medical Facilities
- Pension Facilities
- Annual Paid Leaves
- Security Allowances
- Field Allowances
SSC GD Result
A key criterion of SSC GD is that the candidates have to acquire the minimum marks in CBE in order to be qualified for further tests and final merit. After the SSC GD results are out, candidates can check them using the following steps:
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the ‘Results’ button at the top of the homepage.
- Click on the ‘General Duty (GD)’ tab.
- Enter the details such as roll number, username, and password.
- View, download, and save the result in the form of a PDF.