The South Indian Bank is a premier Commercial Bank in India. Every year, South Indian Bank releases recruitment Notification for the posts of Probationary Officer and Clerk. Candidates who are eligible to apply for the post of South Indian Bank Clerk or SIB Clerk can apply online on the official website of South Indian Bank – www.southindianbank.com. In this article, we shall see all important information related to the South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2021 exam such as Notification, Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment 2021 Highlights
|Conducted by||South Indian Bank|
|Name of the Post||Clerk|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Stages of Exam||Online Test
|Job Type||Private Sector Job|
SIB Clerk Eligibility criteria
There are 2 eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to fulfill in order to be eligible for the South Indian Bank Clerk examination. They are 1) Age Limit 2) Education Qualifications.
The Upper Age limit of a candidate is 26 years.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Candidate should have passed X, XII, and Graduation with minimum 60% marks, under regular course (full-time course) from a recognised University / Institute recognised by the Govt. of India.
- Educational qualification by mode of distance education will not be considered.
- Candidates who have attended their Final Year/ Semester Examination of their Graduation and waiting for the results may also apply subject to the condition that they should produce proof (final year/ semester mark list/ Provisional Certificate) of having passed the Graduation when called for Personal Interview.
- If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to 60% or more may apply. An equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
- Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 % )
- The percentage of marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects in all the semester(s) / year(s) by the total maximum marks in all subjects, irrespective of honors ]/optional/additional optional subject if any.
South Indian Bank clerk Vacancy 2021
The South Indian Bank 2021 Notification is not yet released. We will update the 2021 vacancy details after the notification is released. Below are the 2019 vacancy details for your reference.
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana||35|
SIB Clerk Selection Procedure 2021
South India Bank Clerk Selection process consists of 2 stages:
- Online Test
- Personal Interview
The initial shortlisting will be done based on the marks scored in the Online Test. However, the Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for Online Test and Personal Interview.
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
|S.No||Section Name||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Medium||Time allotted for
each section (Separately timed)
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||Only English||40 Minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 Minutes|
|3||English Language||40||50||40 Minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 Minutes|
There will be a ¼ penalty for wrong answers. The entire Online Test is available only in English. Each question will have 5 options, and each Section will have separate timing.
Candidates who clear the Online test will be called for a Personal Interview. The final selection will be made based on the performance of the candidate in the Online Test and Interview.
South Indian Bank Clerk Salary 2021
The South Indian Bank Clerk salary is governed by the 7th Pay Commission. The PAY SCALE of SIB Clerk is Rs. 11765 – 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 – 31540. Apart from the basic pay candidates will be paid DA, HRA, and other allowances as per the rules of the Bank in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting.
The SIB Clerk Salary range is Rs 11765 – Rs 31,540. The Basic pay of the SIB Clerk is Rs 11765, and the SIB Clerk Salary (highest) is Rs 31,540.
South Indian Bank Clerk Application Fee
The Application Fee for the SIB Clerk Exam varies by category and is as below:
General Category – Rs. 600/-
SC/ST category – Rs. 150/-
This fee is excluding GST and other applicable charges