RBI Assistant 2021: Reserve Bank of India will soon be conducting recruitment for the post of Assistant and the RBI Assistant 2021 Notification will be released soon (tentatively in September 2021). RBI is the central bank of India and it’s a dream job for many banking aspirants. RBI acts as the regulator of all the public and private sector banks of India. The candidates selected in the RBI assistant 2021 recruitment are posted in any of its regional and head offices. In this article, we shall see all important information related to RBI Assistant exam such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
RBI Assistant 2020 Important Dates
The important dates related to the RBI Assistant 2021 recruitment are given below:
|Exam Events||Tentative Dates|
|Online Application Form Start Date||July 2021|
|Online Application Form Last Date||July 2021|
|RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam||September 2021|
|Prelims Result||will update soon|
|RBI Assistant Main Exam Date||will update soon|
RBI Assistant Vacancy 2021
The total number of Assistant vacancies released in the 2020 notification are 926. The category-wise vacancy is updated in the table below. We will get to know the RBI Assistant 2021 vacancy after the notification is released
|S.No.||POST||RBI Assistant 2020 Vacancy|
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Assistant 2021
There are 2 eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to fulfill in order to be eligible for the RBI Assistant Exam.
- Age Limit
- Education Qualification
- Minimum age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 28 years
Also, the age relaxation details of RBI assistant 2021 recruitment are given here for reference:
|PwD||GEN: 10 years
OBC: 13 years
SC/ST: 15 years
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|widows/divorced women/women judicially separated who are not re-married||10 years|
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in RBI||To the extent of the number of years of such experience, subject to a max of 3 years|
The following are the educational qualifications required to apply for the RBI assistant 2021 exam.
- Graduate in any discipline from University/ Institution/Board recognized by the Government of India with a minimum of 50% marks (Pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate.
- Knowledge of word processing on a Personal Computer (PC).
- Proficiency in the local language to read, write, speak, and understand.
How to Apply Online for RBI Assistant 2021?
The steps are given here for you to easily progress your online application filling. Make sure you are ready with the prerequisites that will be required during the application filling process. Some of the important prerequisites are your valid mobile number, email Id, required scanned documents. Also, keep the debit card or credit card ready with you that will be required for the online fee payment. Now follow the steps given here to apply for the exam.
- Log on to the official website @ rbi.org.in.
- Click on the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button at the top of the page. the page for new registration will open.
- On that page enter all your basic details and submit them. A registration number and password will be generated for your registered mobile number and email ID. You have to use those login credentials to start your online application process.
- After login to the online application fill up the basic information which has been asked. Don’t leave the mandatory fields empty. before going to the next page check whether you have entered all the details correctly. Then give the Next option for further page filling.
- And then upload the required documents in the needed space. Completely read the guidelines before themselves. Check all the required format and size of the scanned documents. such as Passport size photo & Signature in the prescribed format.
- After that fill up the educational qualification & work experience and other details.
- Preview the application form and check all the details which were given by you.
- Choose the payment option and pay online by debit card/ Credit card / Other prescribed method.
- If all the details are correct then go toward the final submission.
- At last click the Submit button for successful submission.
RBI Assistant 2021 Application Fee
The RBI Assistant Application fee will differ based on the category of the candidates. Below is the category-wise Application Fee for RBI Assistant 2020 exam.
|OBC/General||Rs. 450/- (Exam fee + intimation charges)|
|SC/ST/PWD/EXS||Rs. 50/- (Intimation charges Only)|
The application fee shall be paid ONLINE Only.
RBI Assistant 2021 Selection Process
RBI Assistant Exam Selection Procedure consists of 2 phases with 3 tests.
- Prelims Examination: Candidates need to clear this exam in order to be eligible for the Main examination. However, This phase is only qualifying in nature i.e… marks obtained in this phase are not considered for final selection.
- Mains Examination: Marks obtained in this phase are considered for the final selection. Therefore, Scoring good marks in this phase is essential to ensure Final selection.
- Language Proficiency Test: This is a local language test. Candidates found inefficient in the local language would be disqualified.
The final selection will be based on the performance in the main exam, provided that the candidate qualified in the local language test.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2021
There are separate exam patterns for both prelims and mains exams. Both the patterns are given in tabular form for your reference.
Prelims Exam Pattern
The RBI Assistant 2021 prelims exam has three sections namely Reasoning, English language, and numerical ability. The exam is conducted for 100 marks. The time duration is a consolidated 60 minutes. So that you can swap between the sections as per your convenience. There is a sectional cut off for each section. You have to clear both the sectional and the overall cut-offs. There is Negative marking system for this exam. For each wrong answer, you will lose 0.25 marks as a penalty.
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Mains Exam Pattern
The RBI Assistant 2021 mains exam has five sections. They are reasoning, numerical ability, general awareness, English language, and computer knowledge. Each section has 40 questions and the total marks for the exam are 200. There will be sectional timing for each subject. So you cannot swap between the sections as per your wish. There is Negative Marking – 0.25 marks will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 Mins|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 Mins|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 Mins|
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021
The RBI Assistant Syllabus for each subject is updated here. You must follow a clear and updated syllabus in your preparation. Only then your preparation will be more efficient. All the topics are added here for your convenience. Try to cover all the topics and don’t omit any single topic.
The RBI Assistant 2021 syllabus for English language is:
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze test||Word Swap|
|Fill in the Blanks||Spelling based error||Para Jumbles|
|Fillers||Idiom and phrase||Word Substitution|
|Sentence Correction||Sentence completion||Vocabulary Based Connectors|
The 2021 syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude is:
|Simplification/ Approximation||Percentage||Problems on Age|
|Number Series||Profit or Loss||Partnership|
|Quadratic Equation||Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Average|
|Data Interpretation||Ratio & Proportion||Time, Speed & Distance|
|Problems on Trains||Boats & Streams||Time & Work|
|Pipes & Cisterns||Mensuration||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
The RBI 2021 syllabus for Reasoning is:
|Puzzles||Coding-Decoding||Direction and Distance|
|Seating Arrangements||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations|
|Series Word Formation||Classification||Verbal reasoning|
|Venn Diagram||Order & Ranking||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Analogy||Input & Output||Syllogism|
The 2021 syllabus for computer knowledge is:
|History of Computers||Computer basics||MS Office|
|Internet & Web Technology||Networking||Database Management|
|Database Management||Network Security||Operating System|
The 2021 syllabus for general awareness is:
|Current Affairs||Sports||Static Awareness|
|Important Schemes||People in the News||Awards|
|Economy||Political Science||Banking Awareness|
RBI Assistant Admit Card 2021
RBI Assistant Admit Card will be released 15 days before the exam. the admit card Two separate admit cards will be provided for both the preliminary and main examination. The candidates need to visit the official website to download the Admit Card. Log in using the registration number and the date of birth to download the Admit Card.
RBI Assistant Salary 2021
The Payscale of RBI Assistant is 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years). The Basic Pay is around Rs. 14,650/- per month. They are also granted other benefits and allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc. Including the allowances, the Gross Salary of an RBI Assistant is approximately Rs. 32,124/- per month.
RBI Assistant Cut Off
The cut-off for each category is mentioned in the table. The cut-off will depend upon various factors such as the number of applicants, vacancy, exam toughness level, etc. the cut-off will be released after the exam on the official website.
RBI Assistant 2020 Mains Cut off
|Category wise cut- off|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||119.00||97.00||97.00||101.50||119.75||–|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||128.75||97.75||NV||119.00||131.00||103.75|
RBI Assistant Career Growth
Assistant with RBI is a clerical-level job. Candidates can expect the first promotion after they fulfill a few criteria such as 1) Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree 2) Minimum 2 years of service 3) Achieved JAIIB, CAIIB credentials from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
Below is the Career growth ladder for an RBI Assistant
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Principal Chief General Manager
- Executive Director
- Deputy Governor