New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) is one of the prestigious Insurance companies in the country. It is a Public Sector General Insurance Company established in 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata and nationalized in 1973. It operates both in India and abroad. NIACL conducts a NIACL Assistant exam from time to time for recruitment of Class III Assistants. In this article, we shall see all important information related to NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2021 exam such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc. It is worth noting that NICAL is is a company with strong financials. It is rated as AAA/Stable by CRISIL and A by AMBEST. These ratings indicate the credit strength and overall financial health of the company.
NIACL Assistant Exam Highlights
|Name||NIACL Assistant Exam|
|Conducted by||New India Assurance Company Ltd.|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration||Prelims – 1 Hour Mains – 2 Hours|
|Fee||General/OBC – ₹600
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen – ₹100
|Purpose||Recruitment of Class III Cadre Assistant|
|Helpdesk No.||022-22708100 022-22708400|
NIACL Assistant Exam Important Dates
The dates for the 2021 cycle of Exams are yet to be notified. However, looking at previous trends can give us a brief idea of expected dates. Here is the list of tentative dates.
|NIACL Assistant Notification Date||December 2020|
|Online Application Starts||January 2021|
|Last Date of NIACL Online Application||January-February 2021|
|Payment of Application Fees||January-February 2021|
|NIACL Assistant Exam Date 2020 (Prelims)||NA|
|NIACL Mains Exam Date 2020||NA|
|Admit Card Download Date||NA|
|NIACL Mains Result Date||NA|
NIACL Assistant Vacancy
NIACL hasn’t notified the no. of Posts for recruitment. However looking at the previous trends of no. of vacancies, we can take a guess regarding posts. The following table indicates the total no. of a vacancy in the 2018 cycle.
Category wise NIACL Assistant Vacancies (Provisional) 2018
Category wise Backlog Vacancies
From the above table, it can be expected that around 650-680 posts will be released in the coming cycle. However, it may vary according to the requirements of NIACL.
NIACL Eligibility Criteria
There are certain requirements that candidates have to fulfill in order to be eligible to sit for the NIACL Assistant exam. The criteria are Age Limit and Education Qualifications.
- The Minimum age is 21
- The Maximum age is 30
Upper age Limit relaxation has been provided for candidates of certain categories. Please check the table below.
|Ex-servicemen/ Disabled Ex-servicemen||The actual period of service + 3 years,
subject to a maximum age of 45 years.
|Widows, Divorced women & legally separated single women||5 years|
|J&K domiciled candidates from 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Existing Employees of NIACL||5 years|
- Must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University.
- Must have English in SSC/HSC/Intermediate/Graduation as a subject.
- The candidate must be proficient in the state language of the state from where he/she has applied.
How to apply for the NIACL Assistant Exam?
- Visit the official website of NIACL.
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Fill up the application form with the required details.
- Scrutinize the Application Form once again before proceeding with the next step.
- Upload the photograph and the scanned documents as asked.
- Crosscheck the application form and click on “Submit”.
- Pay the registration fee online using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card, etc.
- Take a printout for future reference.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern
Exams for NIACL are conducted on 2 levels, i.e., Preliminary and Mains. The preliminary Exam is of 1-hour duration and Mains is of 2 hours duration. The below tables indicate the pattern of the paper.
NIACL Assistant Preliminary Test Exam Pattern
NIACL Prelims consists of 3 sections. Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English. Each section is of 20 minutes duration and has to be attempted in the allotted time only. No. of questions is 100, and the maximum marks that can be obtained are also 100.
|S. No.||Test Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Logical Reasoning||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
NIACL Mains has 5 sections including Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, English, General Awareness, and Computer. There are 40 questions in each section, and the total duration of the exam is 2 hours. The total no. of questions is 200, and the maximum marks that can be obtained are 250.
|Test Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Ability||40||50||2 hours|
|Total||200 questions||250 marks|
NIACL Assistant Exam Syllabus
NIACL Exam syllabus includes Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Skills, proficiency in the English Language, and knowledge of Computers. Important topics in each of the sections form the syllabus, which is given below in the following table.
NIACL Assistant Job Profile
NIACL Assistant is a job at the clerical level. He/She has the responsibility of Data Entry Operations and assisting the AOs in designated sections. They are mainly responsible for Underwriting, Claims, and Accounts.
- It is a data entry process.
- Involves acceptance of proposals.
- Involves signing/issuing of policies.
- Involves Computer use to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
- Involves legal/non-legal aspects of claims of Customers.
- Involves applying an insurance rating system.
- Calculating the amount of claim.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Transmit claims for further investigation.
- Attach information to the claim file.
- Involves payments
- Preparation of balance sheets.
- Accounting transactions
NIACL Assistant Salary Structure
- Initial payment of NIACL Assistant in hand is ₹23,500 in a metro city, along with several allowances like Newspapers, Leave, etc.
- As per NIACL Notification, they are eligible for a pay scale of ₹ 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080.
- Several pieces of training are imparted to the candidates after the selection for learning about partial aspects of banking.
NIACL Assistant Increments
- Assistants have to clear 3 exams – Licentiate, Associate, and Fellowship. There is an increment at the end of each step.
- An increment of ₹1550 is applicable after completion of the Fellowship.
- Position depending allowances are also in the post.
NIACL Assistant Other Benefits
- Accommodation Benefits in Metro Cities.
- Good no. of leaves, including casual leave, Sick Leave, etc.
- A 5-day job with less workload and decent life with no pressure from the Boss.
NIACL Assistant Career Growth
There is a Fast track promotion system in NIACL. Candidates are promoted according to their performance. The hierarchy of promotion/career growth in NIACL is mentioned below.
- Administrative officer
- Senior Administrative Officer
- Assistant Manager
- Senior Manager
- Insurance Specialist
NIACL Assistant Exam 2018 Prelims Cutoff
Before starting preparation for any exam, it is necessary to check the syllabus and the cut-off marks for the Exam. Cut-off marks for the 2018 Exam are available and are mentioned below. This will help in preparation for the exam.
|English Language||Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Maximum Marks: 30||Maximum Marks: 35||Maximum Marks: 35|
|SC, ST, OBC, PC, Ex-Servicemen||11.00||11.00||13.50|
NIACL Exam Admit Card
Admit Card for NIACL Assistant Exam is released 15-20 days before the actual Exam. For every stage, a separate admit card will be issued, and the candidate must download and take its printout before appearing for the exam.
Given steps must be followed while downloading the Admit Card.
- Visit the official Website of NIACL.
- Click on the recruitment section.
- Click on NIACL Assistant 2021 Admit Card.
- Enter the required details. (Registration No. and Date of Birth)
- Click on Submit Button.
- Admit Cards will be displayed on Screen.
- Download it and take its printout.
NOTE: Test Centre will be mentioned on the Admit Card. The candidate is allowed to sit in the exam at the allotted test center only. The candidate will not be entertained at any other center except the one mentioned in the Admit Card.
NIACL Assistant Exam Results
The results of the NIACL Assistant Exam will be declared 20-25 days after the Exam. Results for both Prelims and mains are declared separately, whenever they are conducted. Results are declared on the official website of NIACL and can be checked by the candidates there.