LIC Assistant Recruitment 2021 exam is a great opportunity for candidates who aspire to work with the LIC. The primary responsibility of the LIC Assistant is to manage the cash at the cash counter of the LIC office. This is a reputed and well-paying job that provides comfort, stability, and job security. In this article, we shall see all important information related to LIC Assistant Recruitment 2021 exam such as Notification, Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Admit Card, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
LIC India or Life Insurance Corporation of India is a public sector insurance and investment company owned by India’s Government. It was established on September 1, 1956, under the Life Insurance India Act, by merging over 245 insurance companies and provident societies to nationalize India’s insurance industry and provide insurance to every citizen of India. It now employs nearly 1,14,000 employees and has six subsidiaries, including IDBI Bank.
LIC Assistant 2021 Notification
LIC Assistant Notification 2021 was officially released for the recruitment of 8500 assistant vacancies. Candidates can apply online for LIC Assistant 2021 anytime between September 17, 2021, and October 1, 2021.
Highlights of LIC Assistant Exam 2021
|Exam Name||LIC Assistant Exam 2021|
|Last date to apply||October 1, 2021|
|Conducting Body||LIC India|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|LIC Assistant Exam Date||Prelims in Oct 2021.
Mains in Dec 2021
|Eligibility Criteria||Age Limit: 21 to 30 years.
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online Based Test|
|Duration||Prelims: 1 hour
Mains: 2.5 hours
|LIC Assistant Salary||INR 30,000 (in hand salary)|
For more information check the Careers section of the Official website of LIC.
LIC Assistant 2021 Important Dates
|LIC Assistant 2021 Application window||Sep 17 to Oct 1, 2021|
|last date to apply online||October 1, 2021|
|Download Prelims Admit card||October 15, 2021|
|LIC Assistant 2021 exam date – Prelims||October 21 & 22, 2021|
|Declaration of Prelims Result||November 2021|
|Download Mains Admit card||November 2021|
|LIC Assistant exam date – Mains||November 2021|
|Declaration of Mains Result||December 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||January 2022|
LIC Assistant 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|Age as on 01.09.2021||18-30 years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation (10+2+3) Pattern|
- The applicant must be having a degree of graduation from a college or university approved by Govt. of India.
- Graduation degree should be in 10+2+3 pattern.
To apply for the post of LIC Assistant 2021, the candidate should be a minimum of 18 years of age. He/she should not exceed 30 years as on September 1, 2021. The Upper Age Limit Relaxation is available for the applicants belonging to different categories as below:
|PwD||10 Years for Gen, 13 years for OBC & 15 years for SC/ST|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)|
|Confirmed LIC Employees||5 Years|
LIC Assistant Application Form 2021
It is advisable to fill & submit the LIC Assistant application form 2021 as soon as possible and avoid any last-minute rush. Candidates can apply online for the LIC Assistant exam 2021 starting from September 17, 2021, to October 1, 2021. Also, make sure to take a print of the filled application form for your reference.
Please find the below step-by-step process to easily submit your online application form.
Step by Step Process to Apply for LIC Assistant 2021
- Step 1: Go to https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/licastaug19/.
- Step 3: Select “new registration”. If you are not a registered user, then click on the link “click here for new Registration”.You must enter all the details that are asked for and then complete the process of registration. You will get a registration number and password after you are successfully registered.
- Step 4: Fill in LIC Assistant 2021 application form. Fill in all the details asked in the Application form. Upload scanned copies of your signature and photograph.
- Step 5: Verify details and click on the Final Submit button. After you have filled in all the details, make sure to check and verify once before you click on the ‘Submit button. You will not be allowed to make any changes to the details thereafter.
- Step 6: Complete the Application fee Payment. Once payment is made successfully, you will get an e-receipt, and a completed application form is generated. Do keep a printed copy of both of these for future reference.
Photograph and Signature Sizes
Specifications of File Size and Dimensions for A Scanned Copy of Signature and Photograph. It is required to submit your photograph and signature in the correct format and size, else they will be rejected. Below are the required specifications:
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
LIC Assistant 2021 Application Fee
Application Fee Payment is the final step in the application process. If the fee payment is not made, such applications are deemed to be incomplete and will be rejected. Payment should be made ONLINE only through any of the credit/debit cards or net banking or using other wallets. This application fee and intimation charges once paid will not be refunded in any case nor can it be held for any other examination in the future.
The LIC Assistant application Fee varies according to the category of students as mentioned in the table below:
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.85 + Intimation Charges + GST|
|General and Others||Rs. 510 + Intimation Charges + GST|
LIC Assistant 2021 Exam Pattern
The LIC Assistant Exam pattern consists of two stages. They are a 1) Preliminary examination and 2) Main examination. The exam pattern of Both Prelims and Mains exams is below
Prelims Exam Pattern
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- The Prelims exam has 3 sections – Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability, and English Language. Each section should be completed in 20 minutes, and the total exam duration is 60 minutes.
- There are 100 Multiple Choice type questions for 100 marks.
- The LIC Assistant 2021 prelims exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except for the English Language section.
- There is no negative marking in this exam
Mains Exam Pattern
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||60||40 min|
- The questions in this exam is from the following subjects – Quantitative Aptitude, General and Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability, and Computer Aptitude.
- There are 200 MCQs, and the maximum score is 200 marks.
- The duration of the Mains exam is 150 minutes. There is a fixed time allotted for each section.
- Except for the English language section, The question paper is in both English and Hindi languages.
- There is a Negative marking in the main exam – 1/4th mark is deducted as a penalty for every wrong answer.
LIC Assistant Salary
The Basic pay of a LIC Assistant is Rs 14435/- per month. They come under the pay scale of 14435 – 840(1) -15275 – 915(2) – 17105 – 1030(5) – 22255 – 1195 (2) – 24645 – 1455 (3) – 29010 -1510(2) – 32030– 1610(5) – 40080 and other admissible allowances as per rules shall be payable. The final Gross Monthly pay comes to Rs 30,000/- (Approx).
Apart from the Salary, Assistants in LIC are also eligible for various benefits and allowances. Please check the below:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)– The HRA depends upon the job location. In the case of metropolitan cities, big cities, or other locations, the HRA can be 9%, 8%, or 7% of the Basic Pay.
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA) – This too depends upon the job location and can be 4%, 3% or 0% of the Basic Pay.
- Dearness Allowance (DA) – The DA is revised quarterly based on the Consumer Price Index. This component of LIC Assistant Salary forms around 40% of the Basic Pay. Since CPI depends upon inflation rates, the DA can increase or decrease based on that.
- Lunch Allowance – Meal coupon will be approximately Rs 30,000/- per month in ‘A’ Class city.
- Insurance Allowance – Group Personal Accident Insurance, Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler) as per rules, etc.
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- Contributory Pension
LIC Assistant Job Profile
All selected candidates will be on probation for a period of six months from the date of appointment which can be extended up to one year. It is only after the successful completion of the probation period, the Trainees are appointed to their respective positions.
The typical work profile or job profile of a LIC Assistant is given below:
- Responsible to perform various duties of Clerical Staff including Cashier, Single Window Operator, Customer Service Executive, etc.
- Managing cash counters, processing and sanctioning, disbursement of files assigned by the Assistant manager.
- Performing back-office works, Account related work, and recovery as per the work assigned by the manager.
- Dispensing customer grievances.
- Responsible for processing and reviewing insurance documentation and ensuring that all documents are complete.
- Manage Sales documents & other documents related to policies, claims, settlements, accounts, etc.