The Fullform of Indian Navy MR is Indian Navy Matric Recruit. The Navy recruits Chefs, Stewards, Hygieners designated as Matric Recruits through the Indian Navy MR Recruitment Exam. In this article, we shall see all important information related to Indian Navy MR Recruitment 2021 such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
|Name of Organisation||Indian Navy|
|Official Website||Indian Navy Official Website|
|Post Name||Matric Recruits (MR):
|Total Number of Vacancies||400+ (Expected)|
|Notification Release Date||To be announced|
|Last Date to Apply||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|Computer Based Test (C.B.T.) Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Physical Fitness Test (P.F.T.) Date||To be announced|
The Selection process for Indian Navy MR consists of two stages.
- Computer Based Test
- Physical Fitness Test
The selection of recruits as India Navy MR is based on the All India order of merit on their performance in Computer based Test, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Computer Based Test Exam Pattern
This is an Online Examination consisting of 50 questions, which are to be answered in 30 minutes. The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice). There will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers, 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer. The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science &Mathematics and General Knowledge. The standard of the question paper will be of the 10th class.
- The candidates are required to pass in each section individually and also in aggregate. The Indian Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- All candidates must qualify in the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Candidates who fail in the PFT will not be considered for recruitment.
- PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run, which should be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak), and 10 Push-ups.
- Proficiency in sports, swimming, and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
|Type of Physical Test||Determinant Parameters|
|Run||1.6 km in 7 minutes|
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Enrolment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be held at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in the Final Enrolment Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to the medical examination.
Visual Standards (Distant vision only)
- Without Glasses
- Better Eye – 6/6
- Worse Eye – 6/9
- Without Glasses
- Better Eye – 6/6
- Worse Eye – 6/6
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e from inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of the palm/ back (dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and the candidate will be barred from recruitment.
During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs 21,700- Rs 69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
Facilities and Allowances
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food, and accommodation as per entitlement.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits, and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education, and House Rent Allowances.
(c)Post-retirement benefits include pension, gratuity, and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Insurance Cover – Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs. 50 lakhs for sailors is applicable.
The full form of Indian Navy MR is “Matric Recruit“.
Candidates who were recruited by the Indian Navy as Matric Recruits (MR) will work as Chefs, Stewards, and Hygienists. Below are the detailed job specifications for these roles.
(a) Chef – They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirements.
(b) Steward – They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of the menu, etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirements.
(c) Hygienist – They will be required to clean the washroom, shower spaces, and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirements.
The exam dates for Indian Navy MR 2021 are yet to be released. W will update you as soon as the dates are out.
Below are the eligibility criteria for a candidate to be eligible for the Indian Navy MR exam:
- Gender & Marital Status
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualifications
- Medical Standards
The Applicant should be a citizen of India.
Gender & Marital Status
Candidates should be Male and Unmarried.
The candidate should be between 17 and 20 years. To be accurate, candidates should be born between 01 April 2000 and 31 March 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
The candidate should be of a minimum height of 157 cm and should have a minimum chest expansion of 5 cm.
The Indian Navy released 400 Vacancies in their Indian Navy MR Recruitment 2019 notification. The number of vacancies are expected to increase this year.
Candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
The procedure is as follows:-
- Before filling online application, keep the matric certificate & Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers, which should not be changed till the selection procedure is over.
- “Login‟ with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on the “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the „Submit‟ button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage if found ineligible in any respect.
- Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
- The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a fixed fee of Rs 60 + GST. This facility is entirely optional.
The syllabus for Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Indian Navy MR 2021 is of 10th class or matriculation standard. Questions are from Science, Mathematics, and General Knowledge. The CBT examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions and time duration of 30 minutes. Below is the list of topics under each of the three sections of the Indian Navy MR Exam.
The Online Application form is deemed to be completed only after the successful payment of the Application fee. Payment can be made in ONLINE MODE only via net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI. Below are the Application Fee details.
|Candidates from Other Categories (General/OBC)||215/-|
The cut-off marks are released usually after a month of the online examination. Below are the state-wise previous year’s cut-off marks for your reference to estimate your prospects. The cut-off scores for Indian Navy MR 2021 will be updated soon.
Indian Navy MR Cut off for April 2020 batch
|Stae||Cut off Mark|
The cut-off varies by state and it is influenced by factors such as the Number of vacancies, Number of applicants, the difficulty level of the exam, past cut-off trends, etc.