Federal Bank is one of the prominent private sector banks in India. Its headquarters is located in Aluva, Kochi. Federal Bank releases the Federal Bank PO Notification from time to time for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (Federal Bank Officer Scale 1). The Last PO notification was released in 2018, so it’s quite a while and this time there may be more vacancies. In this article, we shall see all the important information such as exam date, vacancy, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, salary, job profile, etc. All aspirants must go through this and the Federal Bank PO Notification 2021 to plan their preparation.
Federal Bank PO 2021 Notification
Federal Bank will soon release the notification of the recruitment of Probationary Officers for Scale I. You can download a copy of the notification by clicking the link below.
Download the Official Notification for Federal Bank PO 2021-22 here!
(Above download link will be updated when the notification is released)
Federal Bank PO Overview
|Name of the Exam||Federal Bank Officer Scale 1 Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Federal Bank|
|Name of the Post||Federal Bank Officer scale 1 (Probationary Officer)|
|Job Location||Depending upon requirement|
|Number of Stages||Two|
Federal Bank Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 eligibility criteria that one should satisfy in order to be eligible to sit for Federal Bank PO Exam.
- Place of Domicile
Candidates who are older than 26 years are not eligible to apply.
- The candidate should be a Graduate or Postgraduate with a minimum of 60% marks in any discipline from a recognized University or any other institution.
- The candidate should have completed academics from 10th onwards in a regular mode of study.
- Candidates should have a consistent academic record of a minimum of 60% marks from class 10th onwards till their highest education i.e Graduates should have 60% for 10th, 12th & Graduation.
The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
Place of Domicile
- The candidate should be a domicile of any of the following Indian States – Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, or West Bengal.
Federal Bank Selection Process
Federal Bank PO Selection process consists of 2 stages:
- Online Aptitude Test + Psychometric Test
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Candidates have to clear all the stages in order to get the final selection.
Federal Bank PO Exam Pattern
Below is the detailed Federal bank PO Exam pattern with the various sections, and their respective number of questions, marks, and time limit.
|Verbal Ability / English Language||30||30||Total Time of 90 Minutes|
|Logical Aptitude / Reasoning||30||30|
|Quantitative / Numerical Ability||30||30|
|General, Socio-Economic & Banking||25||25|
- There is a Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Federal Bank Online Aptitude Test is followed by a Psychometric Questionnaire on the same computer. The Maximum duration of this Psychometric Questionnaire is 15 minutes.
- Candidates shortlisted from the Online Aptitude Test will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Federal Bank PO Salary
Federal Bank PO Salary pay scale is Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020. This means, for the first 7 years the annual increment of a PO will be Rs 980 and the Basic Pay will remain Rs. 30560. After that, the increment for the next 2 years will be Rs. 1145 and the Basic Pay will be Rs. 32850 and so on.
- Dearness Allowance: This is calculated based on the CPI and is revised quarterly.
- House Rent Allowance/Lease Allowance: This allowance is based on the location of the posting and varies from 7% to 9% of the basic pay.
- City Compensatory Allowance: This component also depends on the location of the candidate. It generally varies from 3% to 4% of the basic pay.
- Medical and Other Benefits: As per company policy.
With all the above components, the annual Cost to the Company (CTC) of a Federal Bank PO ranges from Rs. 7.50 lakhs to Rs. 9.00 lakhs.
Federal Bank PO Job Profile
Below are the activities which constitute the job profile of a Federal Bank PO:
- One of the major responsibilities of a PO is processing loans, this also includes document verification.
- POs look over the activities of the Clerks of their department.
- POs also has to work closely with the customers and solve their queries on ATMs, Demand Drafts (DD), Opening of new Bank Accounts, issuing of checkbooks, etc.
- POs have to work closely with different departments like Finance, Marketing, Accounts, Loans, etc, and gain experience and knowledge in different fields of the Banking System.
Federal Bank PO Syllabus
|Verbal Ability / English Language||Logical Aptitude/ Reasoning||Quantitative / Numerical Ability|
|General, Socio-economic & Banking||Computer Awareness||Digital Banking|
Federal Bank Application Fee
As per the Notification, The Federal Bank PO Application Fee is Rs 350 for Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, and it is Rs 700/- for candidates of all other categories.
|All Other Categories (including General)||Rs 700/-|