The full form of EPFO is Employee Provident Fund Organisation. EPFO is one of the largest Social Security Organizations in the world in terms of assets under management (more than Rs 11 Lakh Crore ($ 157.8 Billion) assets), and the largest in the world in terms of the number of accounts under management (19.34 crore accounts). Its primary function is to run and supervise the mandatory state pension scheme for the people of India. EPFO, from time to time, recruits eligible citizens of India for the post of Assistant. The Last Recruitment Notification for Assistants was in 2019. The 2021 EPFO Notification may release soon. This time the EPFO Vacancy may be relatively more. In this article, we shall see all important information related to EPFO Assistant such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
EPFO Assistant Exam Dates 2021
|Start date of Online Application||To be Announced|
|End date of Online Application||To be Announced|
|Downloading of Call Letters||To be Announced|
|Preliminary Examination dates||To be Announced|
|Main Examination (Phase-II)||To be Announced|
|Final Result of EPFO Assistant 2021||To be Announced|
EPFO Vacancy 2021
The EPFO Vacancy details will be present in the EPFO Recruitment Notification. However, the EPFO Assistant 2021 notification is not yet released. The last notification for recruiting assistants was released in 2019 with 280 vacancies. Check the below table for the Category-wise EPFO Vacancy details from the 2019 notification.
EPFO Assistant Salary
EPFO Assistants are entitled to receive salary under Level-7 of Pay Matrix under the 7th Pay Commission.
- The starting salary of an EPFO Assistant is roughly Rs 44,900/-.
- He/She is also entitled to other benefits and Allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA) & Transport Allowance, etc.
EPFO Assistant Job Profile
EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) maintains all the records related to Provident Fund, Pension, and Insurance schemes of all Government employees. EPFO is one of the largest social security organizations in India. The primary job of an EPFO Assistant involves the maintenance of the records of all government employees regarding their PF, Pension, and Insurance. Dealing with such huge amounts of data makes the job of an Assistant in EPFO both interesting and challenging.
EPFO Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2021
There are 2 eligibility criteria: 1) Age limit 2) Education Qualifications
To be eligible for the post of Assistant in the EPFO, a Candidate should not be less than 20 years of age and not more than 27 years, as on the date mentioned in the official notification. Age Relaxation is applicable as per the category of the candidate.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PWD (UR) – 10 years
- PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years
- Employees of Central Government & departmental candidates
- For General – Up to 40 Years of Age
- For OBC – Up to 43 Years of Age
- For SC/ST – Upto 45 Years of Age
- A graduation degree from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government as on the closing date for online registration of the application.
EPFO Assistant Exam Pattern
The EPFO Assistant Exam has 2 stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
EPFO Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary exam is an Objective test and is conducted ONLINE. There are 100 questions for 100 marks. The duration of the exam is 1 hour. There is a Negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
|Name of the Section||Number of
|English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
EPFO Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
The EPFO Mains Exam has 2 tests:
- Online Object Test
- Descriptive Test
Online Objective Test
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|General/Economy/Financial Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 minutes|
- Total Questions: 150
- Max Marks: 200
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
The descriptive test is a test of English language (Letter writing, Precis & Comprehension) and the duration of the test will be 45 minutes.
EPFO Assistant Syllabus
The entire Syllabus can be grouped under 4 subjects – Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Nad General Awareness. Below is the detailed syllabus for each of the subjects.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
EPFO Assistant Application Fee
The below table contains the amount of application fee that the candidates need to pay in order to apply for the post of Assistant in EPFO. Payment has to made Online only. The Amount of Fee varies according to the category of the candidate. Please check the below table.
|SC/ST/PWD/ Departmental Candidates, Female Candidates,
Economically Weaker Section
|All other Other Categories||Rs. 500|
EPFO Assistant Apply Online
The EPFO 2021 notification is expected soon and the interested candidates can apply once the online link is active. The application will have to be done only in online mode. To make sure you do not make any mistakes while filling the form, you should know the complete process in advance. The application process is divided into a few simple steps:
- Candidates should visit the official website of EPFO: www.epfindia.gov.in and click on the option ‘APPLY ONLINE FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF ASSISTANT – 2021 IN EPFO’.
- To start the registration, you need to click on “Click here for Registration’’ where you will have to enter all the basic details like name, contact, email id, etc.
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated which should be saved by you for future reference. In case you are unable to complete the application, you can revisit the website and with the help of this registration number and password, you can log in and complete the application.
- Make sure you enter all correct details and click on “Save & Next” button thereafter.
- You will also have to upload your scanned photograph, signature, and handwritten declaration according to the specifications mentioned by EPFO.
- After all the details have been filled in and uploaded, you need to make the online fee payment. Click on the ‘payment’ tab and choose one of the online options provided there.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.