Dena Bank merged with Bank of Baroda on 1 April 2019. So, Dena Bank recruitment exams will be conducted by Bank of Baroda. Candidates are advised to lookout for Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021. Successful candidates in the Dena Bank PO exam will be admitted into a 1-year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course. On successfully completing the course, candidates will be appointed as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade I. In this article, we shall see all important information related to Dena Bank PO Recruitment Exam such as Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Application Fee, Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Salary, Job profile, etc.
Dena Bank PO Vacancy 2021
A total of 300 vacancies were released in the 2019 Dena Bank Notification. The number of vacancies is expected to more in the upcoming notification. Below is the detailed information regarding the vacancies for the Dena Bank PO Exam 2019.
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
Dena Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 29 Years
- SC/ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PWD: 10 Years
- You should have a degree (Graduation) with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized University
- You should have any equivalent qualification as such recognized by Central Government.
Dena Bank Selection Procedure
Dena Bank Probationary Officer selection procedure consists of the following stages:
- Online Examination (Objective and Descriptive): The online examination will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration. The maximum mark allotted for the online examination is 350.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: The shortlisted candidates from the online exam will be called for GD/PI round. The selection of an individual depends on his performance in both rounds.
Dena Bank PO Exam Pattern
|Type of Test||Name of Test||No. of Q||Max Marks||Duration|
|Objective Test||Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Awareness (Related to Banking Industry)||50||50|
|Descriptive Test||English Language||02||50||30 Min|
|Online Examination||200||250||2 hours 30 Min|
There is a Negative marking in the Online Examination. 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
How to Apply Online for Dena Bank PO Exam 2021
- Visit the Dena Bank’s website and click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details.
- Upload the scanned documents of specified dimensions and format.
- Photograph: Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) and Size of file should be between 20kb-50 kb
- Signature: Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) and Size of file should be between 10kb — 20kb
- Proceed to the payment to finish the application form.
Dena Bank PO 2021 Application Fee
It is important to remember that the application is not submitted and accepted till the application fee is paid. So, it is advisable to complete the application fee payment while applying online for the exam. The Dena Bank Application Fee varies by the category of the applicant. Please check the below table for the Applicant category and the application fee that needs to be paid accordingly.
|Candidates from All Other Categories||400/-|
Dena Bank PO Salary
Stipend during one-year PGDBF course and Internship
- During the one-year PGDBF course all candidates are paid a stipend of Rs 2500 per month
- During the 3 month internship after the one-year PGDBF, a all PO’s are paid a salary of approximately Rs 7500 – 10,000 per month.
Dena Bank PO Salary after One year
- At present, the initial annual CTC of Dena Bank Probationary Officer is approximately Rs. 8 lacs in a Metropolitan Centre.
- The gross salary of Dena Bank PO is around Rs. 43000/- and the net salary is Rs. 37000/-.
- Dena bank PO Payscale is Rs. 23700-980×7/30560-1145×2/32850-1310×7/42020.
- Apart from the salary, POs are eligible for many allowances. These include Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), Transport Allowance (TA), etc., which are revised from time to time during settlements and are also eligible for reimbursements like Newspapers, Cleaning, Furniture (as per eligibility), Group Personal Accident Insurance and LTC, etc.
- Dena Bank POs get loans and advances at a much cheaper rate for Housing, vehicles, Computers, etc.
- POs are covered by the NPS scheme of NSDL and have the benefit of gratuity.
Dena Bank PO Job Profile
All successful candidates in the PO exam will undergo a 9 month PGDBF classroom program and 3 month internship program at a Dena bank branch. After completion of the internship candidates will be offered an entry-level officer grade and will be under a probation period of 2 years, the officers are promoted to Junior Management Grade Scale I which is generally known as Assistant Manager.
Dena Bank PO Career growth ladder is as below:
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS – I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager (MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
- Chief General Manager (TEGS)
- General Manager (TEGS)