The full form of IB ACIO is Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer“. It is under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). IB regularly conducts exam to recruit candidates for the ACIO post. 2019 notification has notified 1430 vacancies for IB ACIO Grade 2 posts. Get all details of IB ACIO exam such as salary, syllabus, exam pattern, vacancies, final result etc.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern
There are 3 stages in IB ACIO exam
- Preliminary Exam (Tier 1)
- Main Exam (Tier 2)
- Personal Interview
Tier I or Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Subjects||No. Of Qs||Max Marks||Time|
- 100 Questions, 100 Marks, 1 hour
- 4 sections (25 questions per section) – Total 100 questions.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks, for each wrong answer.
- After qualifying Tier I, you will be eligible to appear for Tier II i.e… the main examination.
Tier II or Mains Preliminary Exam Pattern
This is a descriptive examination. This is conducted in Offline mode only.
|Essay (1 Topic)||30||1 Hour
|English Comprehension & Precise writing||20|
The cut-off mark for the Tier-II exam is 33%. Upon clearing the Tier-II exam you will be eligible for Interview.
IB ACIO Interview
This is the last stage of the ACIO exam. Based on the combined score of Tier I & Tier II, you will be shortlisted for the Interview. The Interview will consist of 100 marks.
Final merit list will be prepared based on the combined score of Tier I, II & Interview.
IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria
There are 2 criteria that a candidate should fulfill to apply for IB ACIO exam. They are 1) Age 2) Education
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 27 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree is a mandatory qualification for you to apply
- Having basic computer knowledge is a desirable qualification.
IB ACIO Vacancies 2019
There are 1430 vacancies in the 2019 IB ACIO notification.
IB ACIO Salary
The salary of an IB ACIO is Rs. 68,256 in Metro cities & it is Rs 61,064 in Rural areas.
Apart from salary, ACIO’s are entitled to a lot of allowances and perks.